Pont de Fragnee
The Pont de Fragnée crosses the Meuse in Liège.
It has three arch spans, the arches being of the three-hinge type.
The bridge was built from 1901 to 1904 for the 1905 Universal Exhibition, evidently inspired by the Pont Alexandre III in Paris.
Designer: Émile Jacqmain
Decoration: Paul Demany
Steelwork contractor John Cockerill and Co
Total length: 177.6 metres
Span lengths: 53.725 m, 57.75 m, 53.725 m.
Contractor for the abutments and piers: Joseph and Victor Cousin. The foundations were constructed using compressed air caissons.
Destroyed by the Belgian Army in 1940.
Rebuilt 1946-8 in the same style, also by Cockerill, but wider. The steelwork was fabricated by Cockerill, and site erection was by A. Janssens of Hoboken.
1993 - 2001 Major renovation.
See here[1] for an excellent description of the bridge, from which much of the above information is taken.