Reel Fitz Mine


Near Bridgefoot, Cumbria
Excavations revealed several pieces of a large Newcomen-type engine, installed in 1779. The mine was abandoned in 1781. [1]. Two items are on display at Manchester's Museum of Science and Industry (see photos)
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ 'The Beam Engine' by T E Crowley, Senecio Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 0 906831 02 4