Richmond Gas Co
Richmond was originally supplied by the Brentford Gas Co
Dissatisfaction with the supply prompted the formation of a local company in 1847
1848 Works were built on the Lower Richmond Road.
1851 the works were leased to Mr Spicer, the Manager, who then supplied the Company with gas.
1853 the company was dissolved and Richmond Gas Co. Ltd was formed, this was a non statutory company.
1867 the Richmond Gas Act conferred statutory powers on the company
1925 Amalgamated with the Brentford Gas Company
1926 Gas Light and Coke Co acquired the Brentford and its subsidiaries.
1933 The Richmond manufacturing works was closed down but the site remained as a holder station.
Sources of Information
-  National Archives