Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,972 pages of information and 229,026 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1746 The origins of S. D. Page and Sons began with Francis Allen in 1746 in Haymarket, Norwich, when he established a basket-making business.
1762 After his death in 1762, the business was taken over by Samuel Deyns who greatly extended it to include brush-making as well as basket-making.
1803 His grandson, Samuel Deyns Page, took over the business.
1831 the company name became S. D. Page and Son.
1860 This was changed to S. D. Page and Sons.
1891 It changed again - into a limited company, S. D. Page and Sons Ltd.