South Bank Co
1853 Bernhard Samuelson attended the Cleveland Agricultural Show where he met John Vaughan who convinced him of the potential of the Cleveland ironstone deposits which he had discovered a few years before. Samuelson quickly obtained land at Eston where he erected the Southbank ironworks; he carried on this business together with his existing agricultural machinery business in Banbury.
1866 See 1866 Cleveland Blast Furnaces for detail of furnaces
1867 Dissolution of the Partnership between Thomas Vaughan, Samuel Smythe Malcolm, Thomas Light Elwon, and Joseph Firmstone, as Ironmasters, at Eston Junction, in the county of York, under the style or firm of the South Bank Iron Company, as regards Joseph Firmstone, as from the 10th day of April, 1867 
1867 Dissolution of the Partnership between Samuel Smythe Malcolm, of the city of Glasgow, Merchant, Thomas Vaughan, of Gunnergate Hall, near Middlesbrough, Iron Master, and Thomas Light Elwon, of Skutterskelfe Hall, in the county of York, Iron Master, trading as Iron Masters, under the style or firm of the South Bank Iron Company, as far as regards Samuel Smythe Malcolm
1870 Dissolution of the Partnership between Thomas Vaughan, ... and Thomas Light Elwon, of ... trading under the style or firm of the South Bank Iron Company; Thomas Vaughan carried on the business alone Thus Thomas Vaughan acquired the Southbank ironworks from Major Elwon
By 1878 Thomas Vaughan and Co were out of business