Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 144,279 pages of information and 230,174 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 34 St Andrew Road, Walthamstow, London, E17. Telephone: Larkswood 1014-15-16. Cables: "Samarita, Walstreet"
1932  St. Andrew Mills Ltd, makers of paper and paper goods such as tissues, opened in St. Andrew Road.
1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Andrex, "Androl", "Samaritan", "Marvo", "Santex" Toilet Tissues, "Camelia" Soluble Sanitary Towels, Facial Tissues, Paper Handkerchiefs, Paper Towels, Cellulose, Wadding for all purposes. All from Wood Pulp to Finished Products. (Olympia, 1st Floor, Stand No. G.2086) 
1949 A factory was built near the mills.
In 1955, when the mills were taken over by Bowater Paper Corporation, there were 400 employees.