Swain Group, car dealer and service agents of Hoffman's Garage, Huddersfield Road, Halifax.
Included Edwards and Co (Bournemouth), Edwards and Co (Boscombe), Harold Radford (Coachbuilders), Swain Group (Services), Freestone and Webb, Hoffmans of London, Fleets Division,
1948 Others in the group by 1948: Thomas Greenwoods, (Horton Street, Halifax), Carlton Autocars (Hfx) Ltd, (Carlton Street, Halifax), H.R. Owen Ltd, (17, Berkeley Street, London), Park Lane Garage, Brick Street, London, Swain Corner, North Circular Road and Haslam Harrison & Co, Eccleshall Road, Sheffield.
1959 Acquired by Provincial Traction Co
Mr P. F. Swain became managing director of Provincial Traction Co which was then acquired by Wiles Group, later to be called Hanson Trust.
1970 Sold by Hanson Trust to Lex Services
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Times, Jul 03, 1961