Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 136,336 pages of information and 219,114 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
This ship was the fourth Anchor liner to bear the name and was completed in 1925 by Alexander Stephen and Sons of Linthouse and engined at the Fairfield Shipbuilding and Engineering Co. She served on the Glasgow to Boston and New York route, calling at Irish ports and carrying many emigrant passengers.
She had a length of 587ft. with a gross tonnage of about 16,800. The propelling machinery comprised twin-screw sets of double reduction geared turbine machinery fitted with the modal drive. A service speed of about 17 knots was maintained.