The Engineer: History
Founded in January 1856 by Edward Charles Healey, an entrepreneur and engineering enthusiast with financial interests in the railways, the journal chronicles and explains the technical developments under-way during Britain's Victorian and Edwardian age of innovation.
It was initially run by the Office for Publication and Advertisements, 163, then 33 Norfolk Street, Strand, WC, and later Essex Street, Strand.
It was a weekly journal, eventually made available globally.
Read about the people behind The Engineer and the history of the publication here