Thomas Sharp and Co, iron merchants, 79 Faulkner St and Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester.
1828/9 Thomas Sharp and Co, ironmongers, had offices in Falkner Street (where Richard Roberts also had premises) and premises at Wilkinson's Wharf, Oxford St.
1836 December 31st. 'The Partnership heretofore subsisting between Thomas Sharp, Thomas Jones Wilkinson, Robert Chapman Sharp, and John Sharp, as Iron-Merchants, at Manchester, in the county of Lancaster, under the form of Thomas Sharp and Co. was this day dissolved by mutual consent, so far as respects the said Thomas Jones Wilkinson and Robert Chapman Sharp, who retire from the said concern.— Witness our hands this 31st day of December 1836. Tho. Sharp. Thomas Jones Wilkinson. Robt. C. Sharp. Jno. Sharp.' 
1841 Thomas Sharp, iron merchant, lived at Oakfield, Rusholme; the premises of Thomas Sharp and Co were at 79 Faulkner St and Great Bridgewater Street , the same as Sharp, Roberts and Co.
1850 John Sharp retires from the partnership leaving Thomas Beatt Sharp as sole owner. 
1853 Thomas Sharp and Co, iron merchants, Manchester Iron Warehouse, Great Bridgewater Street and Oxford St, St Peter's .
1855 William Prior Sharp retires from the partnerships leaving Thomas Patrick Stewart and Thomas Beatt Sharp as partners of Sharp, Stewart and Co and Thomas Sharp and Co 
1858 May. Thomas Beatt Sharp leaves the partnership with Charles Patrick Stewart and John Robinson remaining with Sharp, Stewart and Co and Thomas Sharp and Co. 
1863 No entry for Thomas Sharp and Co .
Sources of Information
- ↑ Pigot and Co.'s Directory of Ches, Cumb ..., 1828-29. [Part 1: Ches - Northumb]
- ↑  Gazette Issue 19464 published on the 7 February 1837
- ↑ Pigot and Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1841
- ↑  Gazette Issue 21119 published on the 19 July 1850
- ↑ Directory of Manchester and Salford, 1853
- ↑  Gazette Issue 21748 published on the 20 July 1855
- ↑ Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser - Saturday 08 May 1858
- ↑ Slater's Directory of Manchester and Salford, 1863