United Asbestos Co
United Asbestos Company, of Dock House, Billiter Street, London EC
After the formation of the company, John Bell acquired samples of crysotile asbestos from Canada; he then sought advice from a Lancashire cotton spinner and weaver, Samuel Turner, who entered an agreement to supply woven asbestos to John Bell.
1891 Directory entry and advert. 
1903 Company awarded The Admiralty contract for asbestos, marking the seventeenth year in succession in which it's been awarded contracts by the Lords of the Admiralty.
1905 Advert for Calliope packings. 
Sources of Information
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
- The Times 7 December 1928
- Directory 1891 Worrall's Cotton Spinners
- The Engineer 1903/01/30 p 130.
- Mechanical World Year Book 1905. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p