of Dashwood House, London
- A 6.75 mile line linking lead mines with the Cambrian Railways at Caersws and opening for goods in 1871. The mines closed in the 1890s and the railway followed but the Cambrian Railways undertook to work it for ballast. 
- 1870 The company was registered under the title of Van Railway Company, to construct a railway of about 6 miles in length in connection with the Van Mine.
- 1895 An agreement was come to with the Cambrian Railways to exercise running powers over the Van Railway. 
Sources of Information
- ↑ Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies by Christopher Awdry. Published 1990
- ↑ The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
- ↑  Wikipedia