of Coalville, near Leicester
- 1826 The sinking of the first shafts at Whitwick Colliery by William Stenson that brought into existence the town of Coalville.
- 1873 The company was registered on 20 August. 
- 1877 Robert Stephenson and Co supplied tandem compound rotative engines. One of the largest rotative pumps measuring 125 feet from the flywheel tip to the end of the pump bobs. Also five boilers supplied.
- 1898 A fire underground at Whitwick colliery led to the deaths of 35 men. 
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
- ↑  Whitwick Colliery Disaster