Wolverhampton Gas Co
1819 – Wolverhampton Gas Light Company established.
1821 – Horseley Field Works commence production.
1847 - Wolverhampton New Gas Company merged with the Wolverhampton Gaslight Company. Act to enlarge powers of the Wolverhampton Gas Light Co. and authorize union with the Wolverhampton New Gas Co.
1852 – Act repealing Wolverhampton Gas Act 1847 and reconstituting the company with Additional Powers.
1862 – World altitude record of over six miles was set by James Glaisher and Henry Coxwell in a balloon filled with coal gas.
John Annan was Chief Engineer.
1866 - Probably the greatest display of street lighting took place in 1866 when Queen Victoria came to Wolverhampton to unveil the statue of Prince Albert.
1880 – Gas showroom built in Darlington Street, Wolverhampton.
1893 - Act (as amended in Committee) for conferring further powers on Wolverhampton Gas Co.
1900 – Stafford Road works extended.
1901 – Horseley Field works close.