East Gloucestershire Railway: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 3: | Line 3: | ||
This 14 mile line linking Witney with Fairford although the original plan had been to reach Cheltenham. It opened in 1873 as an extension to the [[Witney Railway]] | This 14 mile line linking Witney with Fairford although the original plan had been to reach Cheltenham. It opened in 1873 as an extension to the [[Witney Railway]] | ||
1889 Engineers are [[Charles Liddell]] and [[E. Richards]].<ref>[[1889 Bradshaw's Railway Manual]]</ref> | 1889 Engineers are [[Charles Liddell]] and [[Edward Richards (2)| E. Richards]].<ref>[[1889 Bradshaw's Railway Manual]]</ref> | ||
1923 Became part of the [[Great Western Railway]] | 1923 Became part of the [[Great Western Railway]] |
Latest revision as of 11:05, 3 November 2023
1864 Incorporated. Planned length 50 miles
This 14 mile line linking Witney with Fairford although the original plan had been to reach Cheltenham. It opened in 1873 as an extension to the Witney Railway
1889 Engineers are Charles Liddell and E. Richards.[1]
1923 Became part of the Great Western Railway
See Also
Sources of Information
- Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies by Christopher Awdry. Published 1990
- Wikipedia