Reel Fitz Mine: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 3: | Line 3: | ||
Near Bridgefoot, Cumbria | Near Bridgefoot, Cumbria | ||
Excavations revealed several pieces of a large Newcomen-type engine, installed in 1779. The mine was abandoned in 1781. <ref>'The Beam Engine' by T E Crowley, Senecio Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 0 906831 02 4</ref>. Two items are | Excavations revealed several pieces of a large [[Newcomen Engine|Newcomen-type engine]], installed in 1779. The mine was abandoned in 1781. <ref>'The Beam Engine' by T E Crowley, Senecio Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 0 906831 02 4</ref>. Two items are on display at [[Manchester's Museum of Science and Industry]] (see photos) | ||
== See Also == | == See Also == |
Latest revision as of 18:29, 15 January 2020


Near Bridgefoot, Cumbria
Excavations revealed several pieces of a large Newcomen-type engine, installed in 1779. The mine was abandoned in 1781. [1]. Two items are on display at Manchester's Museum of Science and Industry (see photos)
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ 'The Beam Engine' by T E Crowley, Senecio Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 0 906831 02 4