Somervell Brothers: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image:1862CatSomervell.jpg |thumb| From the 1862 London Exhibition Catalogue]] | [[Image:1862CatSomervell.jpg |thumb| From the 1862 London Exhibition Catalogue]] | ||
of Netherfield, Kendal, | of Netherfield, Kendal, makers of [[K Shoes]]. | ||
1842 '''Robert Miller Somervell''' opened a "Shoemaking Accessories Merchant and Leather Factor" business. | 1842 '''Robert Miller Somervell''' opened a "Shoemaking Accessories Merchant and Leather Factor" business. |
Revision as of 17:42, 25 October 2022

of Netherfield, Kendal, makers of K Shoes.
1842 Robert Miller Somervell opened a "Shoemaking Accessories Merchant and Leather Factor" business.
1845 The company moved to Netherfield in Kendal.
1848 The company became Somervell Brothers, a partnership between brothers Robert and John Somervell.
1865 The company, now a manufacturer of shoes, began to use its "K" logo.
c1900 The Somervell brothers died, the company was by this time manufacturing 175,000 pairs of shoes a year.
1920 A new factory was built in Lancaster.
1949 Company becomes K Shoes Ltd.
1953 Acquired the footwear manufacturing subsidiary of W. Abbott and Sons[1]
1981 Company merged with Clarks Shoes.
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Times Apr. 30, 1953
- Trademarked. A History of Well-Known Brands - from Aertex to Wright's Coal Tar by David Newton. Pub: Sutton Publishing 2008 ISBN 978-0-7509-4590-5