John Walker and Co (of Queensland): Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
|||
Line 21: | Line 21: | ||
*[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkers_Limited Wikipedia] | *[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkers_Limited Wikipedia] | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: }} | |||
{{DEFAULTSORT: Walker, J}} | |||
[[Category: Country - Australia]] | [[Category: Country - Australia]] | ||
[[Category: Iron Founders]] | [[Category: Iron Founders]] | ||
[[Category: Brass Founders]] | [[Category: Brass Founders]] |
Latest revision as of 22:39, 16 April 2018


Engineers, Iron and Brass Founders of Union Foundry, Ballarat, Victoria and Maryborough, Queensland.
1863 John Walker and three friends set up the Union Foundry of John Walker & Co in Ballarat.
1867 A branch was opened in Maryborough.
1879 The Ballarat assets were disposed of.
1884 The business became a limited company under the title John Walker & Co Limited.
1888 The business was renamed Walkers Limited. They produced most of the parts for machinery at sugar mills.