Bricklayers' Arms Station: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 4: | Line 4: | ||
Early 1850s: the line had been built on piles which were replaced by an embankment. | Early 1850s: the line had been built on piles which were replaced by an embankment. | ||
1866 Passenger trains continued to use Braicklayer's Arms until 1866 after which it was used for goods. | |||
Revision as of 14:10, 4 April 2019

1844 Increasing congestion at London Bridge, and dissatisfaction with the high tolls charged by the London and Greenwich Railway, caused the South Eastern Railway and the London and Croydon Railway to build a short branch line to a new terminus at Bricklayers Arms[1]. All of the Croydon company's trains and half of the South Eastern trains were diverted to the new station.
Early 1850s: the line had been built on piles which were replaced by an embankment.
1866 Passenger trains continued to use Braicklayer's Arms until 1866 after which it was used for goods.
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Times , May 2, 1844
- History of the Southern Railway, by C F Dendy Marshall, 1968