Harvey Engineering Co: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image:Harvey12.jpg|thumb|Steam engine and gear train at site of sugar mill in Funchal]] | [[Image:Harvey12.jpg|thumb|Steam engine and gear train at site of sugar mill in Funchal]] | ||
[[Image:Harvey03.jpg|thumb|Another view of the steam engine at site of sugar mill in Funchal]] | [[Image:Harvey03.jpg|thumb|Another view of the steam engine at site of sugar mill in Funchal]] | ||
[[image:Im1913Eing-p625.jpg|thumb| 1913. | [[image:Im1913Eing-p625.jpg|thumb| 1913. Installed at [[A. and P. Bird]], weaving factory. ]] | ||
[[image:im20171220RB-Harvey.jpg |thumb| 2017. Found at Beau Champ Sugar Factory in Mauritius.]] | [[image:im20171220RB-Harvey.jpg |thumb| 2017. Found at Beau Champ Sugar Factory in Mauritius.]] | ||
[[image:im20171220RB-Harvey2.jpg |thumb| 2017. Detail of engine at Beau Champ Sugar Factory in Mauritius.]] | [[image:im20171220RB-Harvey2.jpg |thumb| 2017. Detail of engine at Beau Champ Sugar Factory in Mauritius.]] |
Revision as of 08:34, 22 September 2019










of Glasgow.
Engineers, manufacturing stationary steam engines and sugar mill equipment, specialising in Harvey's patented design of evaporator.
c.1880 On Robert Harvey, Senior's retirement, his son Robert took over and developed the business of Robert Harvey and Co
1888 Harvey joined with Sir William McOnie to form McOnie Harvey and Co
1905 McOnie Harvey and Co became Harvey Engineering Company Ltd, makers of sugar machinery and erection of central sugar factories, with a high reputation in all sugar-producing countries. Mr. Harvey was for many years managing director and chairman.
1907: Supplied a steam engine and gear train for driving sugar cane crushing mill at the William Hinton sugar factory in Funchal, Madeira. This machinery, and the mill chimney, are all that remains of the large sugar mill in the centre of Funchal. See photos. The site is now a garden, the Jardim de Santa Luzia, alongside the Rua 31 De Janeiro, ½ mile from Funchal marina. Easily found using the chimney as a landmark.
1913 Image - Williams Connecting Rod System, patented by H. Williams the Manager of Harvey Engineering Co.[1]
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Engineer 1913/12/12