Collier and Platt: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 7: | Line 7: | ||
1842 William Collier & Co. listed as machine and tool makers and fustian shearers, 125 Greengate, Salford; Partners' home addresses: William Collier, machine maker, Roman Road Terrace, Higher Broughton; John Platt, machine maker, Roman Road Terrace, Higher Broughton; Thomas Fuller, machine maker, Roman Road, Stony Knolls, Higher Broughton <ref>Pigot & Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1841</ref> | 1842 William Collier & Co. listed as machine and tool makers and fustian shearers, 125 Greengate, Salford; Partners' home addresses: William Collier, machine maker, Roman Road Terrace, Higher Broughton; John Platt, machine maker, Roman Road Terrace, Higher Broughton; Thomas Fuller, machine maker, Roman Road, Stony Knolls, Higher Broughton <ref>Pigot & Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1841</ref> | ||
1842 Partnership dissolved: [[William Collier]], | 1842 Partnership dissolved: [[William Collier]], John Platt, and [[Thomas Fuller]] of Salford, Lancashire, machine makers <ref>Sheffield Independent, 30th July 1842</ref> | ||
Latest revision as of 17:45, 7 December 2020
1825 William Collier & Co was listed as patent fustian shearers and silk dressers; works: bottom of Greengate. The 'streets' listing of this directory has, at the bottom (River Irwell end) of Greengate, the following occupants: No. 114 Rev. R. Elsdale; Wm. Collier & Co; Solomons and Marshall. William Collier's house address was 12 Waterloo Place, Salford.
For a time the partners were William Collier, John Platt, and Thomas Fuller. A John Platt was listed in 1825 as a 'silk dresser &c., 1 St. Stephens' Street, Salford.
A 'capital hand planing machine, by Collier and Platt' was included in the sale of the contents of the mill of John Holden and Co (Bacup) in 1838.[1]
1842 William Collier & Co. listed as machine and tool makers and fustian shearers, 125 Greengate, Salford; Partners' home addresses: William Collier, machine maker, Roman Road Terrace, Higher Broughton; John Platt, machine maker, Roman Road Terrace, Higher Broughton; Thomas Fuller, machine maker, Roman Road, Stony Knolls, Higher Broughton [2]
1842 Partnership dissolved: William Collier, John Platt, and Thomas Fuller of Salford, Lancashire, machine makers [3]