D. M. Cumming: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 2: | Line 2: | ||
Blackhill Dock, Parkhead, Glasgow | Blackhill Dock, Parkhead, Glasgow | ||
1882 The business appears as William S. Cumming, shipbuilder, Blackhill Dock, Monkland Canal.<ref>Post Office Annual Glasgow Directory 1882-1883</ref> | |||
1918 D. M. Cumming Limited, Blackhill Shipyard, Riddrie, Glasgow, was incorporated as a private company, with capital of £10,000.<ref>The Scotsman 21 September 1918</ref> | 1918 D. M. Cumming Limited, Blackhill Shipyard, Riddrie, Glasgow, was incorporated as a private company, with capital of £10,000.<ref>The Scotsman 21 September 1918</ref> |
Revision as of 16:30, 12 January 2023

Blackhill Dock, Parkhead, Glasgow
1882 The business appears as William S. Cumming, shipbuilder, Blackhill Dock, Monkland Canal.[1]
1918 D. M. Cumming Limited, Blackhill Shipyard, Riddrie, Glasgow, was incorporated as a private company, with capital of £10,000.[2]
The shipyard came increasingly under the control of Henry Robb Limited of Leith.
1928 Henry Robb took over the business entirely with a view to concentrating production at Leith.[3]
See Also
Sources of Information
- National Records of Scotland BT2/10114