T. W. Wedlake and Co: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 26: | Line 26: | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: Wedlake}} | {{DEFAULTSORT: Wedlake}} | ||
[[Category: Town - Hornchurch]] | [[Category: Town - Hornchurch]] | ||
[[Category: Iron Founders]] | |||
[[Category: Agricultural Machinery]] | [[Category: Agricultural Machinery]] |
Latest revision as of 20:23, 8 February 2023
Wedlake and Dendy of Iron Works, Hornchurch.
1803 Robert Wedlake owned a foundry here.
1818 It was known as Fairkyte Foundry at this date.
1850 His brother Thomas Wedlake started another small foundry at the old tanyard near the Bull Inn and called it Union Foundry.
They made portable engines from 3.5 to 20 nhp.
1870 W. Dendy joined as a partner and the company became Thomas W. Wedlake, W. Dendy and Co
1895 Dendy left the company and the company moved to the Iron Works.
1947 The company closed.
See Also
Sources of Information
- Steam Engine Builders of Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire by Ronald H. Clark. Published 1950 by The Augustine Steward Press