Motor Coaches: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 7: | Line 7: | ||
1917 The company was removed from the register of companies<ref>The London Gazette 14 September 1917</ref> | 1917 The company was removed from the register of companies<ref>The London Gazette 14 September 1917</ref> | ||
At a later date, a company | At a later date, a company of this name was established, perhaps by [[Tilling and British Automobile Traction Co]] which went into liquidation at the same time. | ||
1943 In voluntary liquidation; [[Sidney Emile Garcke|Sidney E. Garcke]] was chairman<ref>The London Gazette 9 July 1943</ref>. A resolution was put to the General Meeting that "the books, accounts and documents of the Company and of the Liquidators be handed over | 1943 In voluntary liquidation; [[Sidney Emile Garcke|Sidney E. Garcke]] was chairman<ref>The London Gazette 9 July 1943</ref>. A resolution was put to the General Meeting that "the books, accounts and documents of the Company and of the Liquidators be handed over |
Revision as of 11:08, 19 August 2023
Motor Coaches Ltd
NB there were 2 different companies with the same name at different times:
1911 Thames Iron Works, Shipbuilding and Engineering Co established Motor Coaches Ltd, with premises at the Piccadilly Hotel, London, as the motor department of the company.
1917 The company was removed from the register of companies[1]
At a later date, a company of this name was established, perhaps by Tilling and British Automobile Traction Co which went into liquidation at the same time.
1943 In voluntary liquidation; Sidney E. Garcke was chairman[2]. A resolution was put to the General Meeting that "the books, accounts and documents of the Company and of the Liquidators be handed over to B.E.T. Omnibus Services Ltd., and Tilling Motor Services Ltd. as those Companies may determine."[3]