M. W. Blackmore and Sons: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 5: | Line 5: | ||
Queen of Helford was built by Blackmore & Sons in 1960 | Queen of Helford was built by Blackmore & Sons in 1960 | ||
==Sources of Information== | == See Also == | ||
<what-links-here/> | |||
== Sources of Information == | |||
<references/> | |||
* British Shipbuilding Yards. 3 vols by Norman L. Middlemiss | * British Shipbuilding Yards. 3 vols by Norman L. Middlemiss | ||
{{DEFAULTSORT: }} | |||
[[Category: Town - Bideford]] | |||
[[Category:Ship Builders]] | [[Category:Ship Builders]] |
Revision as of 20:31, 25 November 2011
M. W. Blackmore and Sons. was a small shipyard based in Torridge, Devon, England, near the Bideford Bridge. Little is known about the yard except that it made the Torquay excursion vessel Torbay Prince in 1947. It then made small naval craft. The yard was liquidated in April 1963.
Fantasia. A wooden hull yacht built in 1944 by M.W. Blackmore & Sons Ltd.of Bideford. Her engine is a Noris Kenty diesel, 227 kw. She started life as a Harbour Defence Motor Launch and was converted to a cruise boat about 1946.
Queen of Helford was built by Blackmore & Sons in 1960
See Also
Sources of Information
- British Shipbuilding Yards. 3 vols by Norman L. Middlemiss