Rory O'More Bridge: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 5: | Line 5: | ||
A description of the bridge and its history is available [http://www.bridgesofdublin.ie/bridges/rory-omore-bridge#skip-to-content here]. | A description of the bridge and its history is available [http://www.bridgesofdublin.ie/bridges/rory-omore-bridge#skip-to-content here]. | ||
The ironwork was produced by Robert Daglish Jr. [[Robert Daglish and Co]] in 1858. | The ironwork was produced by [[Robert Daglish (1809-1883)|Robert Daglish Jr.]] ([[Robert Daglish and Co])] in 1858. | ||
== See Also == | == See Also == |
Revision as of 08:52, 21 August 2015
over the River Liffey in Dublin.
The bridge opened in 1861 and has had various official and unofficial names - The Victoria and Albert Bridge, Victoria Bridge, Emancipation Bridge, and now Rory O'More Bridge. It replaced a stone bridge known as Bloody and Barrack Bridge.
A description of the bridge and its history is available here.
The ironwork was produced by Robert Daglish Jr. ([[Robert Daglish and Co])] in 1858.