John Walker and Co (of Queensland): Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 12: | Line 12: | ||
1884 The business became a limited company under the title '''John Walker & Co Limited'''. | 1884 The business became a limited company under the title '''John Walker & Co Limited'''. | ||
1888 The business was renamed | 1888 The business was renamed [[Walkers (of Queensland)|Walkers Limited]]. They produced most of the parts for machinery at sugar mills. | ||
== See Also == | == See Also == |
Revision as of 13:09, 8 December 2015


Engineers, Iron and Brass Founders of Union Foundry, Ballarat, Victoria and Maryborough, Queensland.
1863 John Walker and three friends set up the Union Foundry of John Walker & Co in Ballarat.
1867 A branch was opened in Maryborough.
1879 The Ballarat assets were disposed of.
1884 The business became a limited company under the title John Walker & Co Limited.
1888 The business was renamed Walkers Limited. They produced most of the parts for machinery at sugar mills.