Reel Fitz Mine: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
[[Image:JD Reel Fitz01Copy.jpg|thumb|5 ft diameter piston of Newcomen engine]] | [[Image:JD Reel Fitz01Copy.jpg|thumb|5 ft diameter piston of Newcomen-type engine]] | ||
[[Image:JD Reel Fitz02Copy.jpg|thumb|Fitz fist: This provided the connection between the piston rod and the chain which worked the rocking beam]] | [[Image:JD Reel Fitz02Copy.jpg|thumb|Fitz fist: This provided the connection between the piston rod and the chain which worked the rocking beam]] | ||
Near Bridgefoot, Cumbria | Near Bridgefoot, Cumbria | ||
Excavations revealed several pieces of a large Newcomen engine, installed in 1779. The mine was abandoned in 1781. <ref>'The Beam Engine' by T E Crowley, Senecio Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 0 906831 02 4</ref>. Two items are now on display at [[Manchester's Museum of Science and Industry]] (see photos) | Excavations revealed several pieces of a large Newcomen-type engine, installed in 1779. The mine was abandoned in 1781. <ref>'The Beam Engine' by T E Crowley, Senecio Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 0 906831 02 4</ref>. Two items are now on display at [[Manchester's Museum of Science and Industry]] (see photos) | ||
== See Also == | == See Also == |
Revision as of 10:16, 5 February 2017


Near Bridgefoot, Cumbria
Excavations revealed several pieces of a large Newcomen-type engine, installed in 1779. The mine was abandoned in 1781. [1]. Two items are now on display at Manchester's Museum of Science and Industry (see photos)
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ 'The Beam Engine' by T E Crowley, Senecio Publishing Company Ltd. ISBN 0 906831 02 4