Bristol United Gaslight Co: Difference between revisions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
1852 Scheme proposed to amalgamate the [[Bristol Gas Light Co|Bristol Gas-Light Co]] and the [[Bristol and Clifton Gas Light Co|Bristol and Clifton Gas-Light Co]]<ref>Bristol Mercury 13 Nov 1852</ref> | 1852 Scheme proposed to amalgamate the [[Bristol Gas Light Co|Bristol Gas-Light Co]] and the [[Bristol and Clifton Gas Light Co|Bristol and Clifton Gas-Light Co]]<ref>Bristol Mercury 13 Nov 1852</ref> | ||
1855 '''Bristol Gas Co''' amalgamated with the '''Clifton and Bristol Gas Co''' under the title of the | 1853 An Act of Parliament, the Bristol United Gaslight Company's Act, was passed<ref>London Gazette | ||
26 November 1909</ref> | |||
1855 '''Bristol Gas Co''' amalgamated with the '''Clifton and Bristol Gas Co''' under the title of the '''Bristol United Gaslight Company'''. | |||
1879 Stapleton Road Gas Works were opened. | 1879 Stapleton Road Gas Works were opened. |
Latest revision as of 17:38, 3 November 2017
1852 Scheme proposed to amalgamate the Bristol Gas-Light Co and the Bristol and Clifton Gas-Light Co[1]
1853 An Act of Parliament, the Bristol United Gaslight Company's Act, was passed[2]
1855 Bristol Gas Co amalgamated with the Clifton and Bristol Gas Co under the title of the Bristol United Gaslight Company.
1879 Stapleton Road Gas Works were opened.
1891 Name changed to The Bristol Gas Company.
Gas manufactured at Avon Street, Canons' Marsh and at Stapleton Road Works.