East Suffolk Railway
The East Suffolk railway, which had been incorporated on 3 July 1854, took over the powers of the Halesworth, Beccles and Haddiscoe Railway and the route opened on the 4 December 1854.
It continued north to Haddiscoe on what is now part of the Wherry Lines.
On the 1 June 1859 the line was opened as far south as Ipswich and north to Great Yarmouth.The Beccles to Lowestoft branch line was opened in the same year.
1862 Amalgamated with others to form the Great Eastern Railway.