Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 1154342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 167,701 pages of information and 247,103 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Coventry-Victor Motor Co

From Graces Guide
Revision as of 14:19, 27 March 2007 by Anita (talk | contribs) (New page: '''Coventry-Victor''' were motorcycles produced from 1919 to 1935 by the Coventry-Victor Motor Company Limited. * 1919 The engine first became available and was sold to assembler...)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Coventry-Victor were motorcycles produced from 1919 to 1935 by the Coventry-Victor Motor Company Limited.

  • 1919 The engine first became available and was sold to assemblers inluding Ayres-Layland, Bulldog, McKechnie and Regent. Throughout its existence the firm produced horizontally opposed twin-cylinder engines.
  • 1922 A replica of the Brooklands machine went into production as the 'Super Six'. It was an eye-catching beast with high-level exhaust pipes on the left side and a bulbous-nosed saddle tank.
  • 1923-1927 The 'Super Six' was produced as a racing model in various forms and a supercharged version was guaranteed to reach 80mph.
  • 1929 The company unexpectedly unveiled the 'Dirt Track' model which was produced until 1932.
  • 1933 Unchanged vintage looks resulted in the machines looking very out-dated, so the 'Dirt Track' was dropped.
  • 1935 The 486cc road bike went out of production soon to be followed by the 689cc sv twin and by the end of the year manufacturing had ceased completely.


Sources of Information

The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press