Dudley, Stourbridge and District Electric Traction Co
of Donington House, Norfolk Street, Strand, London
- 1880 The company was registered on December 22nd as the Dudley, Stourbridge and Kingswinford Tramways Co.
- 1898 The title of the company was changed to the present title.
- 1904 From January 1st, the Birmingham and Midland Tramways company acquired from the British Electric Traction Co a large number of shares in the Dudley, Stourbridge and District Electric Traction Co, the South Staffordshire Tramways (Lessee) Co, the Wolverhampton District Electric Tramways and the City of Birmingham Tramways Co, giving to the Birmingham and Midland Company control of all these undertakings. Arrangements have been made by the appointment of a joint committee for the various tramways and light railways owned, leased or controlled by these companies to be worked as one undertaking.
- 1908 The company owns 2.5 miles of tramways and light railways in perpetuity, subject to certain rights of purchase on the part of the local authorities. [1]
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908