January 1955. Front cover.
January 1955. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- Editorial -Developments for 1955...1-2
- London Transport RM Bus - A New Chassisless, Double Deck Vehicle with Independent Front and Coil Spring Rear Suspension...3-17
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers - Forthcoming Meetings of the Automobile Division...17
- Electrostatic Body Spraying -Fully-automatic Plant Employed by the Studebaker Corporation...18
- Recent Publications - Brief Reviews of Current Technical Books...28
- Paint Drying Plant - Metrovick Infra-red Heating Installation for Finishing Small Machine Components - E. P. Barrus...31
- Automobile Fans. By J. L. Koffman - A Rational Method of Design to Avoid Protracted Development Work... 32-34
- Goods Vehicle Bodywork - New Materials and Techniques in Goods Carrying Bodies - Mann, Egerton and Co, British Aluminium Co, G. E. Neville and Son, University Commercials and Coachwork, L. F. Dove, Arlington Bodybuilders, Reliant, Eagle Engineering Co, Edbro-B. and E. Tippers, Bonallack and Sons, Darham Industries (London), APV, Kennings, B. Walker and Son, J. H. Sparshatt and Sons...35-38
- Exhaust Silencing. By F. J. H. Tutt. - The Tuning of Exhaust Systems to Improve Noise Reduction...39-40
- Current Patents - A Review of Recent Automobile Specifications...41-42
Sources of Information