October 1958. Front cover.
October 1958. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- Editorial - Diesel Engine Pistons
- 368. The Austin Gipsy Part II: Engine, clutch, gearbox, transfer box and final drive units
- 378. Piston Ring Wear - J. H. Deterding and J. R. B. Calow - The application of radiotracers to the measurement of engine wear in moving vehicles
- 382. Skid Prevention - R. D. Lister and R. N. Kemp - Experiments with a device to prevent wheels locking during braking
- 392. Oxy-Muffler - A catalytic exhaust purifier for application to engines operated in buildings - Oxy-Catalyst Inc, Wayne, Penn.
- 392. Needle Thrust Bearing - A Nadella component, which is designed for economy in respect of both space and cost - Insley (London)
- 394. American Design Outlook - Views of an industrial designer in the United States on the future requirements in respect of automobile design in his country - Henry Dreyfuss
- 395. Recent Publications - Brief reviews of current technical books
- 397. Aerodynamic Drag - R. M. Ogorkiewicz - Analysis of the factors that affect passenger car design
- 400. The de Havilland Cable Tester - An electronic instrument for the rapid checking of multi-core cables or electrical systems for continuity and for insulation - De Havilland Propellers
- 402. B.M.C. Engine Replacement Plant - An output of 4,000 units per week is planned for the largest specialist plant in the world - BMC, Foleshill factory (formerly Riley works)
- 405. Current Patents - A review of recent automobile specifications
Sources of Information