January 1961. Front cover.
January 1961. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- 1. Editorial - Auxiliary Braking systems
- 2. Hydra-Matic 61-05 Transmission Part II: The control system and the hydraulic action during operation of the unit
- 9. Casting Aluminium Bronze - Some notes on general principles and practical aspects - G. Fitzgerald-Lee
- 12. The Analogue Computer - Elementary fundamental principles and applications to engineering design, production and testing - K. E. Brock
- 17. Precision Sizing of Holes - Method that does not require skilled labour and is readily applicable to modern automatic production techniques - Industrial Tectonics Inc, Ann Arbor
- 22. Piezoelectric Ignition System - Self-contained, mechanically actuated unit of compact dimensions and light weight - Brush Crystal Co
- 24. Novel Coach Heating System - Interesting layout developed by Clayton Dewandre, in which only one heat exchanger and fan unit is employed
- 26. Building Replacement Engines - A separate, specially equipped plant to operate, on a line-production basis, the Perkins Perpetuity Plan, now turns out more than 10,000 reconditioned diesel units per annum
- 36. Controlled Finishing by Vibration - New process reduces cycle time in the mass treatment of small parts - Carl Kurt Walther, Germany
- 37. Liechti Chucking Automatic - A Swiss-built machine with pneumo-hydraulic operation controlled by a steel programme band - Liechti and Co.
- 39. Coating Thickness Gauge - A small, portable, self- contained instrument for checking the thickness of paint or sprayed-metal coatings on ferrous base material - ICI and Solus-Schall
- 40. Current Patents - A review of recent automobile specifications
Sources of Information