Category:Town - Edgware
A small Middlesex village on the Edgware Road that was consumed by London suburbia in the 1920s with a tube station opening in 1924.
Gravel pits were probably being worked by 1802 and certainly by 1834, partly at least by the labour of the able-bodied poor as a parish employment. in 1963 gravel was still being extracted on the eastern side of the parish.
Apart from this there was very little in the way of industry. In 1831 there were no persons engaged in manufacturing in the parish with industry only appearing with the arrival of Charles Wright and Co in 1900.
- A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4
Pages in category "Town - Edgware"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.