Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,192 pages of information and 210,845 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Electrical Lamp Manufacturers Association
1905 British Carbon Lamp Association was formed, which maintained prices of carbon-filament lamps to the retailer.
Members of the Association included:
1919 The British Carbon Lamp Association and the Tungsten Lamp Association combined to form the Electrical Lamp Manufacturers Association of Great Britain. Principal members were BTH, GEC and Siemens Brothers and Co; 6 other companies had also joined and 7 others were non-associates.
1920 Board of Trade report into "Electric Lamp Combine" recognised the Electrical Lamp Manufacturers Association of Great Britain was set up principally in the interests of BTH, GEC and Siemens Brothers and Co.
1921 The Association made the following lamps: 
1933 The members of the association with the British arm of Philips and Stella (also a subsidiary of Philips) formed themselves into the Electric Lamp Manufacturers Association which continued to combat foriegn imports (especially Japanese) by emphasis on quality and through arrangements with the distributors.
1937 One of the leading independent manufacturers, Crompton Parkinson, joined the association.
1938 The members jointly bought the lamp businesses of Ismay Industries Ltd.