Frome Hall Mill, Stroud
of Stroud
Fromehall Mill belonged to the Halliday family throughout the 17th century.
It changed hands frequently in the 18th and early 19th centuries, being worked at different times by the Marlings and the Apperlys.
1846 The mill was bought by William Hunt and thereafter it was worked with Lodgemore Mill.
1865 Josiah Greethead Strachan acquired Lodgemore Mill with Frome Hall Mill.
1871 Lodgemore Mill was completely destroyed by fire.
1890 Acquired by Strachan and Co
The large mill pond is immediately west of Lodgemore Mill. The four-storey main building, built of stone and eight bays long, was built c.1853. Part of the 18th century mill survives as a four-storey wing at the rear. A late 19th century addition is probably the Yarn Store of 1898 by W.H.C. Fisher.