Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 146,116 pages of information and 231,598 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Walthamstow, London.
1898 Company founded as the Fuller-Wenstrom Electrical Manufacturing Company.
1901 Factory opened in the Haunch of Venison Yard, off Brook Street, W.1. for the assembly of motors from components imported from Sweden.
1905 After four years' operation in Haunch of Venison Yard, staffed by fifteen workmen, the factory was moved to Blackhorse Lane, Walthamstow, especially to manufacture motors up to 200 h.p.
1910 Private company. Presumably was ASEA Electric Ltd
1915 a new factory was built in Fulbourne Road, Walthamstow. At the same time, the sales offices were moved to Chancery Lane and branch offices were opened in Manchester and Birmingham.
1957 Brush Electrical Engineering Co Ltd made a proposal to take-over ASEA Electric Ltd, the UK subsidiary of ASEA of Sweden. Based at Walthamstow, ASEA Electric manufactured transformers and other electrical equipment. Its name would be changed to Fuller Electric Co Ltd.
1961 Electrical engineers, and contractors and manufacturers of power transformers and variable speed A.C. commutator motors. 900 employees.