Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,968 pages of information and 233,612 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Bassett's Liquorice All-Sorts of Owlerton, Sheffield. Telephone: Sheffield Owlerton 44254. Cables: "Bassett, Sheffield". London Office and Showrooms at Adelaide House, King William Street, London, EC4
1919 George Bassett and Co Ltd was incorporated
1926 The company was re-registered; the company was owned by William Johnson and Percy Johnson.
1934 The company moved to Owlerton when Bassett's son-in-law, Samuel Meggit Johnson, built a large factory on Beulah Road.
Inter-War. The factory was enlarged as new products such as Jelly Babies, Wine Gums and Liquorice Novelties were added to the range.
1939 In April, a huge fire severely damaged the building, as hundreds of tons of sugar burned with ferocity.
1947 British Industries Fair Advert for Bassett's Liquorice Allsorts and Bertie Bassett. Manufacturers of the Original Liquorice Allsorts, Liquorice Cream Lines, Pontefract Cakes. Bright and Crystallized Gums, Empire Mixture, After Dinner Mints, Menthol and Eucalyptus Gums and Medicated Lozenges. (Foodstuffs Section - Earls Court, 1st Floor, Stand No. 594) 
1964 Acquired BV De Faam of the Netherlands
1964 Renamed George Bassett Holdings
1975 Subsidiaries of George Bassett Holdings included:
1977 The Wilkinson Division was at Monkhill, Pontefract.
1982 George Bassett Holdings was renamed as Bassett Foods plc
1984 Bassett Foods PLC acquired Ernest Jackson and Co
1989 Bassetts was purchased by the Cadbury Schweppes group
1990 Acquired C. S. Sugar Confectionery Ltd., The Lion Confectionery Co and Trebor Ltd; Trebor changed its name to Trebor Bassett Ltd; Bassett Foods plc changed its name to Trebor Bassett Holdings Ltd.