Goodlife Electrical Supplies
1936 Founded by Jack Bowthorpe
1938 On repayment of the loan he had used to establish the business, Bowthorpe set up Bowthorpe Electric Ltd with the help of Park Trust Ltd (Lord Doverdale's family trust).
The business was operated from a garage in 8, Eagle Street, London, W.C.1., cutting up electrical wiring into standard lengths and selling it to the aircraft industry. One of the first to use coloured sleeving to identify cabling. Initially Ray Parsons was the sole employee; together they built the Company into one of the UK's largest electrical businesses.