Harland Engineering Co
of Alloa and Timperley
1903 Partnership founded by Frederick Carleton Anderson, Charles Atherton Atchley and George Robert Harland Bowden, electrical engineers in London, and at Manchester, Glasgow and South Wales, as G. Harland Bowden and Co
1910 The partnership was dissolved by mutual consent; G. Harland Bowden would continue the business in London; Anderson and Atchley would continue the business in partnership in Manchester and Glasgow as Harland Engineering Co
1919 Private company
1937 Manufacturers of centrifugal pumps, electric motors, dynamos and switchgear. "Axiglide" Propeller Pumps. "Duoglide" Centrifugal Pumps. "Monoglide" Centrifugal Pumps. "Spiroglide" Centrifugal Pumps.
1938 Company made public.
1957 Harland Engineering and Harland Drives acquired a controlling interest in Simon Equipment after a successful collaboration between the companies on development of electronic controls for industrial drives
1961 Manufacturers of electrical machinery, centrifugal pumps, water turbines, industrial drives and other products. 1,300 employees.
Sources of Information
- The London Gazette, 26 July 1910
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- The Edinburgh Gazette, 8 April 1938
- The Times, Jul 26, 1957
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- The Times, May 06, 1969