Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,427 pages of information and 211,664 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Stafford Street, Birmingham (1908), Shop Fitters and Manufacturers of Shop Fittings
1880 Established in 1880 by Sydney Harris
A few years later John Eccleston Sheldon joined the company.
1900 The company was registered on 17 May, to acquire the business of shop-front builders, etc of a firm of the same name. 
At some point, formed Sankey-Sheldon Ltd, of Cannon Street, London, EC4, as joint venture with Joseph Sankey and Sons, of Hadley Castle Works, Wellington, Salop, which was operated by Harris and Sheldon.
1923 Sankey-Sheldon fire-proof cabinets and other steel furniture were advertised jointly by Harris and Sheldon of 46 Cannon St, London, and Joseph Sankey and Sons of Hadley Castle Works of Wellington, Salop
1929 Advert for Sankey-Sheldon British Steel Furniture. Manufacturers of Metal Office Furniture, viz., Filing Cabinets and Supplies, Cupboards, Clothes Lockers, Adjustable Shelving, Storage Bins, Desks and Tables, Plan Cabinets, Card Index Cabinets, Strong-room Equipment, Stools, Waste Baskets, etc. (Stationery Section - Stand Nos R.7 and R.153) 
WWII Made major components for most of the operational aircraft, contributed to major development work on radar, as well as making ammunition boxes and stirrup pumps
c.1948 Began expansion programme, seeking diversification within reasonable limits
1963 The subsidiary companies could be arranged into 3 groups: