Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,355 pages of information and 230,031 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
John Francis Albright (1857-1914)
Born the son of Arthur Albright
1915 Obituary 
JOHN FRANCIS ALBRIGHT, born on the 15th April, 1857, at Birmingham, died at Woking on the 30th December, 1914.
He studied at the Crystal Palace Engineering School, and gained his practical experience under Sir Joseph Bazelgette, Past-President, at the Metropolitan Board of Works. On the introduction of the electric glow-lamp, he became associated with the Swan Company, and subsequently joined the staff of Crompton and Company, Limited, electrical engineers, of Chelmsford.
Latterly he acted on behalf of the Melbourne Electric Company, the British Electric Transformer Company, the Kent Electric Company, and other undertakings. He was also a director of the Birmingham Electric Supply Company and the Midland Electric Power Corporation.
Mr. Albright was elected an Associate Member of The Institution on the 29th May, 1883.
1915 Obituary 
JOHN FRANCIS ALBRIGHT was born in 1857.
After serving for three years as a pupil of Sir J. Bazalgette, at that time Engineer to the Metropolitan Board of Works, in 1880 he received an appointment with the Swan Company, and on the amalgamation of that company with the Edison Company he superintended all the ship-lighting work of the joint companies, later taking entire charge of all their contract work.
He then joined Messrs. Crompton & Co., and was for some time managing director.
He subsequently became managing director of the Drake and Gorham Electric Power and Traction Company and a director of the Birmingham Electric Supply Company, and was also actively interested in various electric supply schemes at home and in the Colonies. In recent years ill-health prevented him taking a very active share in business affairs, but at the time of his death, which occurred on the 30th December, 1914, he was chairman of a number of electrical companies.
He was elected a Member of the Institution in 1885.