Pascalls of 100 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1. Also at Mitcham, Surrey
The family-run business was founded by James Pascall to manufacturer and sell predominantly sugar confectionery.
1866 James Pascall had worked as an agent for Cadbury's before setting up business with his brother Alfred in a small shop off London's Oxford Street in 1866.
Initially they produced sweets such as herbal cough drops, candy and French rock.
In 1877, they moved to larger premises in Blackfriars and expanded their range.
In 1897, their premises were destroyed in a fire started by a former employee who was simple-minded. After the fire, the company moved out to Mitcham, in Surrey.
1922 British Industries Fair Advert for Sweets, Chocolates and Novelties. Also manufacturers of Confectionery and Toys. (Stand No B.8) 
Sources of Information
- 1922 British Industries Fair Advert clxv; and p61