Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,138 pages of information and 233,396 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1829 Joseph Pease and Partners purchased a small riverside farm at Middlesbrough. Joseph Pease developed the farm into a town and coal port. During the next 70 years Middlesbrough would see one of the most extraordinary population explosions ever known in British history.
By 1877 the company and its associated minerals company was referred to as J. W. Pease and Partners
1882 Announcement that Joseph Pease and Partners, colliery owners, and J. W. Pease and Co, ironstone and mineral quarry owners, would be amalgamated as Pease Partners Ltd; the ownership would be divided between the existing owners.