Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,419 pages of information and 211,645 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Paragon Works, Canning Town, London, E16; and Papercraft Works, The Hyde, Hendon, London, NW9. Telephone: Albert Dock 1345. Cables: "Plaudit, Phone, London". (1929)
Ditto Address. Telephone: Albert Dock 3232. Cables: "Plaudit, Telex, London". (1947)
1889 The Lamson Paragon Supply Co was established in London, by amalgamation of the Paragon Check Book Co (established 1886 in the City of London) and the Lamson Store Service Co, with rights to sales, book patents and manufacturing know-how for the Lamson Cash-Ball System throughout Europe and Australia.
1893 Lamson Paragon built a factory in Canning Town, and factories elsewhere in England and overseas.
1902 The company was registered on 27 September, as the Lamson Paragon Supply Co (1902), to acquire the business of a company of almost similar title, manufacturers of specialities in stationery, the name being subsequently changed as above. 
1924 Patent - Improvements in or relating to stamp and like distributing means
1929 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Check Books, Plic Books and Autoplic Books, Numbered Carbon Copy Books and Forms, Continuous Interfold and Fanfold Forms, single and Multiply Rolls, Autographic Registers, Loose-leaf Books, Printed Paper Bags. (Stand No. PP.1) 
1929 Patent - Improvements in carbon manifolding packs and apparatus for use therewith in typewriters. 
1947 British Industries Fair Advert for Business Forms. Manufacturers of Precision Printed Continuous Accounting forms for use with Teleprinters; Tabulating, Billing and Addressing Machines; Typewriters and Autographic Registers. ""Carbac" and Carbon Copy Sets, Books and Forms. (Office Appliances Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. B. 1437) 
1955 Lamson Paragon became Lamson Industries Ltd
1961 Mechanical handling ventilation, dust and fume extraction engineers. 550 employees. 
1963 Motor Show exhibitor. Business methods. 
In the 1960s, the Willesden factory was closed and the firm moved to Stoke-on-Trent.
In 1963, this became an Anonymous Company
1976 Became a Private Company. It has a daughter company Lamsonair BV.
1977 Lamson Industries was merged with the Moore Corporation.
1987 Frederick Cooper acquired Lamsons from Crest Nicholson, and in 1990 it was sold to J. Bibby and Sons for £8.2 million.