Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway
The Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway was a railway company that operated in southern India.
A State owned, company operated railway
Initially, its headquarters was at Royapuram in Madras.
On 1 October 1919, the Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway company handed over to the Mysore Durbar the metre gauge sections of Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud and Birur-Shimoga of the line.
1922 Headquarters were moved to a newly constructed building at Egmore, which was inaugurated on 11 December 1922.
On 1 April 1944, its management was taken over directly by the Government of India.
Sources of Information
-  Indian Railway History.