Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,937 pages of information and 233,602 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Nobel's Explosives Co Ltd of 195 West George Street, Glasgow
1877 Company reconstructed as Nobel's Explosives Co Ltd.
1886 The Nobel-Dynamite Trust Co was formed in London, merging Nobel's German company and Nobel's Explosives Co Ltd. This company bound together some of Nobel's companies by cross-shareholdings, profit pooling, and market-sharing agreements. Another holding company was formed later to bring together the others.
1897 Started to make and supply cordite to the War Office
1900 The Nobel's Explosives Company Ltd was registered on 27 December, to take over the properties of a company of the same name. 
1914 Manufacturers of all kinds of blasting explosives and chemicals, military and sporting powders, guncotton, picric acid, detonators, safety and electric fuses and blasting accessories. 
WWI: The Nobel–Dynamite Trust was broken up at the outbreak of war. Harry McGowan (1874–1961), a manager who had spent his career with Nobel's Explosives used the opportunity to engineer a merger of almost the whole of the British explosives industry.
Established TNT factory at Pembrey, South Wales; later taken over by the government and closed after the war.
1918 Explosives Trades Ltd was formed to merge together the UK explosives industry including Nobel's Explosives, Kynoch, Curtis's and Harvey, Eley, Kings Norton Metal Co and Birmingham Metal and Munitions Co.