Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,467 pages of information and 233,893 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 20 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1
1933 The company was originally formed as Percival Aircraft Co in Gravesend. Restructured it became Percival Aircraft Ltd, and moved to Luton. It was formed by Australian Captain Edgar W. Percival with Lt-Cmd E. W. B. Leake.
1933 E. W. Percival - Designers and constructors of light aircraft. Head Office: 20 Grosvenor Place, London, S.W.1.
1936 Percival Aircraft Ltd was incorporated as a private company
1930s Built the Vega Gull: Four-seater low-wing monoplane powered by 200 hp De Havilland Gypsy Six engine. Used for communications in late 1930s.
1937 Aircraft constructors. "Gull Major" and "Gull Six" Aircraft. "Mew Gull" Aircraft. "Vega Gull" Aircraft. 
1944 The company became part of the Hunting Group
Developed the twin-engined Prince feeder liner which was very successful, being adapted for a variety of other roles such as air survey (such as with Hunting Aerosurveys Ltd), training, and communications work with the RAF, the Royal Navy, and various foreign and Commonwealth air forces.
1954 Edgar Percival left the company and started a new company at Stapleford Tawney, Essex building 21 EP9 aircraft before selling out to Samlesbury Engineering which later became the Lancashire Aircraft Co in 1960.
1954 Name changed to Hunting Percival Aircraft
1957 Name changed to Hunting Aircraft
1959 Company merged with the Bristol Aeroplane Co, the English Electric Co and Vickers-Armstrongs to form the British Aircraft Corporation (BAC), later to become part of British Aerospace (BAe), now BAE Systems.